简要咨询咨询QQ网站导航网站搜索手机站点联系我们设为首页加入收藏 

逮住

来源:易贤网   阅读:1157 次  日期:2015-03-30 17:24:29

温馨提示:易贤网小编为您整理了“逮住”,方便广大网友查阅!

迷你对话:

A:Where is John? I can't find him anywhere.

约翰在哪里?我怎么哪儿都找不到他。

B:Haven't you heard that he is in prison?

你还没听说他进监狱了吗?

A:What? Beg your pardon.

什么?再说一遍。

B:John is in prison now. He was copped outstealing.

约翰现在在监狱里。他偷东西的时候被逮住了。

A:I just cann't believe my ears!

我简直不敢相信。

地道表达:

cop out

小编讲解:

cop out是美国的一条俚语,常用来表示一下意思:一是退出,回避;二是变卦,失信;三是放弃,妥协;四是避重就轻地认罪;五是以牵连他人为目的向警方招供;六指被逮住。

支持范例:

Eg. You can't cop out of your responsibility to your children.

你不能逃避对你的孩子们应尽的义务。

Eg. You can't cop out of your responsibility to the project.

你不能逃避对这项工程应负的责任。

Eg. I don't want to cop out of answering your question.

我不愿对你的问题避而不答。

Eg. He can cop out for only five to ten years.

他会因服罪而被从宽判处5至10年徒刑。

Eg. Don't try to cop out by telling me you're too busy!

别想跟我推脱说你太忙。

Eg. You've got to do it, do not try to cop out of it by telling me you're too busy!

这件事你一定得做,不要推诿说你忙不过来。

Eg. He has copped up because of selling drugs.

他因贩卖毒品而被逮住。

Eg. She was cpped up when cheating in the exam.

她考试作弊时被逮住。

词海拾贝:

1.in prison:蹲监狱,坐牢

Eg. He spoke without reserve of his time in prison.

他毫无保留地述说了他在监狱中的事.

Eg. If you defy the(aw,you may find yourself in prison.

如果你不服从法律,你就可能会坐牢。

Eg. Her pledge to remain faithful to him was his anchor when he was in prison.

她对他忠贞不渝的保证是他服刑期间的精神支柱。

Eg. After 10 years in prison, he was given his freedom.

他坐了10年监狱以後又得到了自由.

2.beg one's pardon:再说一遍

Eg. He said, with studied politeness,"I beg your pardon, madam, this is your seat."

他故作礼貌地说道:“请原谅,小姐,这是您的位置。”

Eg. I beg your pardon I didn't hear what you said.

请再说一遍--我没听见你刚才说的话.

Eg. I beg your pardon, I was too plain.

请原谅,我太过于直率了。

3.cann't believe one's ears:简直不敢相信

Eg. She could hardly believe her ears.

她简直不能相信自己的耳朵。

Eg. The old man could not believe his ears and went back home without a word.

老农夫不敢相信自己所听见的,也一言不发地回到家中。

Eg. I really couldn't believe my ears when they brought me your name.

当他们通报你的名子时,我真的不相信自己和耳朵呢。

Eg. I could hardly believe my ears; it seemed such an insane answer to give.

我几乎以为自己听错了呢;这种回答简直是驴唇不对马嘴。

更多信息请查看口语入门

更多信息请查看口语入门
点此处就本文及相关问题在本站进行非正式的简要咨询(便捷快速)】     【点此处查询各地各类考试咨询QQ号码及交流群
上一篇:胆小到了极点
下一篇:美味的食物
易贤网手机网站地址:逮住
由于各方面情况的不断调整与变化,易贤网提供的所有考试信息和咨询回复仅供参考,敬请考生以权威部门公布的正式信息和咨询为准!