习语:a chance in a million
讲解:这是一个名词性短语。Chance的意思是“机会”。A chance in a million 意为白万年的一个机会,意为“很小的机会”。
支持范例:She thought that there was a chance in a million that she might be right.
但她仍然认为自己的想法仍有百万分之一的可能性。
We haven' t a chance in a million ( ie We have almost no chance ) of winning.
我们胜利的机会微乎其微。
It was a chance in a million that he should have broken his leg on that day.
真是走狗屎运,他就是在那一天没摔断了他的腿。
迷你对话:
A :Do you think you'll get the project?
你认为你能得到这项工程吗?
B :It'sa chance in a million. I hear Johnis interested init.
机会很小,我听说约翰也对它感兴趣。
A :I see.After all, he's boss's son.
我明白了,毕竟他是老板的儿子。
B :But anyway, I'llhave a try.
但无论如何,我也要尝试一下再说。
词海拾贝:
be interested in 对 ... 感兴趣
Eg. Bob mentioned the class presidency to Ted as a trial balloon to see if Ted might be interested in running.
鲍勃向特德提到班主席职位以试探特德是否热衷于参加其竞选。
Eg. It occurs to me that he might be interested in the problem we had discussed.
我想起来了他也许对我们讨论过的那个问题感兴趣。
Eg. I think you may be interested in our new product.
我想贵公司可能会对敝公司的新产品感兴趣。
I see. 我明白了。
after all 毕竟,到底,究竟
Eg. After all, it was the father's place to bring up his son.
不管怎么说,教养儿子的事应该由父亲来作主。
Eg, After all, you could hardly ask for a more challenging job.
不管怎么说,你总不能为他要求一个更加称心如意的职位了吧。
Eg. After all, France-Soir is known for aggressive reporting.
毕竟,《法兰西晚报》以报道耸人听闻的消息著称。
have a try 尝试一下,试试看
It seems three good methods, I will have a try.
貌似不错的三种方法,改天我尝试下。
I don't remember having been given a chance to have a try.
我记不起曾经有人给过我一个机会让我尝试一下。
更多信息请查看生活口语