口语迷你对话:
A :I'm worried sich that she will leave me tomorrow.
A :一想到她明天要离开我,我就担心得要死。
B :It's no use arguing the toss.
B :既然她已经决定如此,再争也无用。
A :Maybe I'll have to face the music.
A :也许我不得不面对现实了。
词海拾贝:
worry sick:引起某人极大的忧虑
Eg .She worried herself sick/She was worried sick about her missing son.
她儿子失踪可把她愁坏了。
Eg .I'm worried sick by his illness.
他的病让我急死了。
argue the toss:事已至此,争也无用
Eg .Let' s not argue the toss we have to accept his choice.
我们不必争论已经决定的事——只好听他的.
Eg .Don't let us argue the toss over who is going to pay for the meal.
不要为谁付饭钱一事争论不休了。
face the music:面对现实
Eg .You' ve been caught cheating now you must face the music.
你的骗局已经戳穿--这下子你得自食其果了.
Eg .Mr. Allen betrayed a top secret, and had to face the music.
艾伦先生泄露一项最高机密,因而必须接受责罚。
Eg .Someday you're going to have to face the music for your actions.
总有一天,你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果。
Eg .You have made your choice. Now you 'll have to face the music .
既然你已做出抉择,你就得勇敢地承担一切后果。
Eg .It is no use doing something.
做某事徒劳。
更多信息请查看生活口语