迷你对话:
A:You seem to have all the jitters about Jane.
你好像对Jane感到特别不安。
B:Yeah. I am on edge since she was out to the match.
是啊。自从她离家去比赛后我就一直坐卧不安。
A:Keep your fingers crossed. She'll bring home the bacon.
为她祈祷祝福吧。她会凯旋而归的。
B:I do have the confidence, but I still worry about her.
我的确对他有信心,可是还是为她担心。
词海拾贝:
1.have jitters about:对......感到不安,对......感到紧张,对......感到担忧
Eg.I've got the jitters about that examination.
我很担心这次考试。
2.on edge:紧张不安,烦躁
Eg.The mother was all on edge when her son was having a blood test.
那位母亲在儿子接受血检时,心情十分紧张。
Eg.She is very nervous and the least excitement puts her all on edge.
她很神经过敏,一点点刺激就会使她异常紧张。
Eg.She was a bit on edge till she heard he was safe.
她听到他安然无恙才放下心来。
3.keep one's fingers crossed:祈福,祈祷
Eg.Keep your fingers crossed it doesn't rain any more.
祈祷不再下雨。
Eg.Keep you fingers crossed that we win.
祷告我们能获胜。
4.bring home the bacon:取胜,成功
Eg.His methods may bring home the bacon.
他的方法可能成功。
5.worry about:担忧,担心
Eg.Don't worry about little things.
别为琐事烦恼。
Eg.Don't worry about the printing; that's my parish.
别担心打印的事,那是我的工作范围。
6.have the confidence:有信心
更多信息请查看生活口语