1. We never condone violence.
对暴力我们绝不姑息。
2. I prefer to live in a world of my own.
我喜欢活在自己的世界里。
►live in 住进,住在(某地); 存在于…; 为…而生存
e.g. They decided to emigrate to the U.S. to live in New York. 他们决定移至美国,居住在纽约。
3. There’s a time and place.
总得分场合啊。
4. Don’t put all your goods in the window.
不要锋芒毕露。
5. You can’t bend people to your will.
你不能把意志强加于人。
►bend sb. to one's will 把自己的意志强加于某人身上;强使某人服从自己的意志
impose one's will on sb. 也有同样的意思。
►bend to 屈服于,服从
e.g. I will bend to your wishes,and will not follow my original plans. 我会服从你的意愿而放弃我原来的打算。
6. You should take the pills on an empty stomach.
药得空腹吃。
►on an empty stomach 空腹时,饿肚子,绝食
e.g. You'd better not drink milk on an empty stomach. 你最好不要在空腹时喝牛奶。
7. It’s a real body blow.
这真是沉痛的一击。
►body blow 重击,惨败,大失所望
e.g. His resignation was a body blow to the team. 他的辞职是对该团队的一个严重打击。
8. I’m loath to do it.
我实在不想干。
9. You’ve made your point abundantly clear.
你的意思我很清楚。
10. You better have a booster.
你最好打一剂加强针。
更多信息请查看生活口语