1. It’s just chickenfeed for him.
对他来说,那点钱只是九牛一毛。
2. Your house would be repossessed.
你的房子会被收回的。
3. You might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.
一不做,二不休。
►as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb 一不做二不休
偷羊偷羊羔一样都是贼,都要被绞死。横竖是死,那就一不做二不休。
4. He’s world-weary and cynical.
他愤世嫉俗。
►world-weary 厌世的,厌弃人生的
e.g. A world-weary person no longer feels excited or enthusiastic about anything. 厌世的人对任何事情都不再感兴趣。
5. Our teacher is a real disciplinarian.
我们的老师很严厉。
6. They work hand and glove.
他们狼狈为奸。
►hand and glove (跟…)亲密无间;(跟…)互相勾结,亦作hand in glove。不仅可以用于狼狈为奸这种反面场合,也可以用于好的场合。
e.g. We are hand and/in glove with each other. 我们俩人情投意合。
7. It happened more by contrivance than by chance.
这事有人设计。
8. Temper your criticism.
批评不要太尖锐。
9. We have to scale back.
我们得缩小规模。
►scale back 按比例缩减,相应缩减
10. You’ve got goose bumps.
你都起鸡皮疙瘩了。
►goose bumps 鸡皮疙瘩
goose指鹅,goose bumps翻译成中文却是鸡皮疙瘩
更多信息请查看生活口语